Carlos Alcaraz's return to the court has been delayed once again. Tournament organisers announced on Tuesday that the Spanish star had withdrawn from the Cincinnati Open due to "an ongoing wrist injury." Tournament director Bob Moran said in a statement: "We know Carlos is doing everything he can to get back to playing tournaments as soon as possible. We wish him the best with his recovery and look forward to welcoming him back to Cincinnati in the future."
The 23-year-old, who was injured in the first round of the Barcelona Open in April and has since missed both Roland Garros and Wimbledon, had returned to training courts in recent weeks and was gradually increasing his workload. However, the Masters tournament in Cincinnati came too soon for the world No. 2. Alcaraz will forfeit the 1,000 ranking points earned from last year's title, meaning he will also lose ground for now on current leader Jannik Sinner.
Following the Cincinnati Open, which runs from August 13-23, Alcaraz is due to defend his title at the US Open, held from August 30 to September 13. His main objective is said to be entering the season's final Grand Slam fully healthy and competitive. It's also noted that going to New York without match rhythm after four months out carries considerable risk for the Spaniard.
Image: Punto de Break
Tuna Başkan
Marmara Üniversitesi İşletme bölümü öğrencisiyim. Victorum News bünyesinde küresel spor medyası, güncel gündem ve SEO odaklı içerikleri yöneten bir haber yazarıyım. Önceliğim, okura en hızlı şekilde ve daima teyit edilmiş haber ulaştırmaktır. İşletme eğitimimden gelen bakış açımı dijital habercilikle birleştirerek, ürettiğim her içeriğe hız ve güvenilirliği bir arada kazandırmayı hedefliyorum.
Discuss this in Forum
Join the conversation with thousands of sports fans. Share your opinion, predict the results, and earn reputation points!
forum Comments (0)
No results found